Regardless if you are trying to sell your own home, start a career as a real estate agent, or sell the properties you are flipping, you need to learn the art of selling real estate.
Sales, in general, is difficult for most people, and real estate sales are especially difficult.
That’s why we’ve put this list together of books that will help you SELL real estate.
1. Sell with Soul: Creating an Extraordinary Career in Real Estate without Losing Your Friends, Your Principles or Your Self-Respect
By Jennifer Allan-Hagedorn
Even in boom markets, rookie real estate agents almost always find their new careers to be harder than anticipated. Statistics quote figures ranging from 70% to 95% dropout rate for first year agents and it s common knowledge in the industry that only a small percentage of the licensed agents are making enough money to live on.
Why is the failure rate so high? Is it a matter of unrealistic expectations? Maybe. A lack of enthusiasm? Probably. A lack of support and training? Definitely.
What agents need is good solid training on how to competently sell real estate and Jennifer Allan-Hagedorn’s book Sell with Soul offers just that. The book provides a blueprint for success to help new agents navigate the critical first year and beyond. Sell with Soul comes complete with checklists to help agents keep on top of listings and contracts, step-by-step guidelines for building a thriving real estate practice as well as anecdotal examples of real world real estate dilemmas and solutions to them.
Yet the book is so much more than a rookie survival guide. The author discusses such touchy subjects as commission discounting (she s all for it), buyer agency (don t push it), prospecting at open houses (do so with caution) and generating bidding wars (it s your duty). Practical advice is offered on everything from building a loyal client base to marketing listings to negotiating inspections and even handling pricing objections.
Sell with Soul focuses on helping new agents become competent at their craft, so they can be confident with their prospects and clients. This confidence enables them to stay true to themselves because they will have no need for the Old School prospecting strategies and aggressive closing techniques that force many new agents out of their comfort zone.
2. Sell 100+ Homes A Year: How We Use Engagement Marketing, Technology and Lead Gen to Sell 100+ Homes A Year, Every Year!
By Krista Lynn Mashore
5-Step Investing System
We have spent years developing this process that has literally generated millions of dollars in value and a stable yearly revenue for investors.
Whether you’ve been in real estate for 18 days or 18 years, if you haven’t achieved the success you really want, you need to read this book. You entered real estate for the upside: interesting work, flexible hours, and the potential to make good money, right?
But the median gross income for the 1.2 million REALTORS® in the United States is just over $42,000 per year! That’s about $21 per hour (if you only work 40 hours per week) with no paid vacation, no paid sick leave, and rarely any company health insurance plan. Is this what you signed up for?
You’re a goal-setter and a go-getter. You work hard and you’re smart. You’ve learned the business and put long hours into it. Yet, it still seems like a struggle. Always chasing your next client, listing, or commission check. Spending weekends and evenings on work, not with family. Getting tossed around by a market you can’t control. You’ve done everything you’ve been taught, but it’s still not enough.
What’s the secret? Doing things differently than you’ve ever been taught.
Krista Mashore says, “I’ve been in the Top 1% of all Realtors nationally for 15 years, not because I’m smarter or work harder than everyone else. It’s because I research and implement specific techniques that catapult me to where I am.” In this book, Krista Mashore will give you step by step instructions and show you how to:
- Close over 90% of your listing presentations before you even walk in the door.
- Generate legitimate leads while you sleep.
- Use the secrets of Fortune 500 companies to build an active and loyal client base.
- Use socialized marketing to gain your community’s respect and become the go-to Community Market Leader® in your area.
- Sell over 100 deals per year (or whatever your goal is) using the power of social media and technology.
- Create a business model that fits your desired lifestyle and gives you true time flexibility.
- Build a sustainable business with a consistent, reliable income stream— no matter what the market is doing!
3. The Art Of Wholesaling Properties: How to Buy and Sell Real Estate without Cash or Credit
By Aram Shah
I tossed this one on the list because there are more ways to SELL real estate than to just list it on the MLS. You could also sell contracts, or the right to purchase a deal.
The Art of Wholesaling Properties: How to Buy and Sell Real Estate without Cash or Credit distills the experiences of two of the nation’s largest real estate wholesalers who, all told, have flipped over one thousand homes. Aram Shah and Alex Virelles present a step-by-step guide that explains how others may replicate their proven methods in their own wholesaling ventures.
Reading this book will give investors the A-to-Z insights they need for cashing in on the fastest and most profitable ways to flip paper in the real estate market. Moving along a strategic step at a time, The Art of Wholesaling Properties explains how to* make offers that actually get accepted:
- Find hidden, motivated sellers;
- Use a real estate agent to find gold mines through the Mls;
- Build a strong list of cash buyers;
- Negotiate with sellers using proven and tested scripts;
- Assign or double close on properties;
- Master the A-B, B-C transaction;
- Deploy a team and put the business on autopilot; and
- Achieve financial freedom without using cash or credit!
4. How to Sell Real Estate: A Guide For Real Estate Rookies (And Non-Rookies, Too!)
By Carlos Arvizu Sr.
his book was written as a training manual to help new real estate licensees develop the skills necessary to survive in the real estate business or for any sales profession, for that matter.
In good times and in bad, the real estate business can be rewarding for those willing to do what it takes to make it work, but it can also be frustrating for those who do not focus on the tasks they need to accomplish in order to meet their ultimate goals.
Some of the topics included in this book are:
- Effective Communication Systems
- Personality Styles
- Planning Time Management
- Goal-Setting Closing Techniques
Whatever endeavor you’re taking on in sales, whether it’s real estate, insurance, finance, selling cars, or selling widgets, this book is an absolute must-read. This book provides you with tools, systems, scripts, and an understanding of how to put it all together-the nuts and bolts, so to speak. You will learn how to capitalize on your strengths, work on your weaknesses, view obstacles as opportunities for growth, and see why tracking your results is so important.