It doesn’t matter how much property you have, if you don’t have an effective system to manage it then you’re not going to make it far.
One way to do it is to pay a good property manager and have them take care of all the problems. The other option is to build your own systems to manage it the way you want to.
So, here is a list of the best books on property management.
1. The Book on Managing Rental Properties: A Proven System for Finding, Screening, and Managing Tenants with Fewer Headaches and Maximum Profits
By Brandon and Heather Turner
No matter how great you are at finding good rental property deals, you could lose everything if you don’t manage your properties correctly!
But being a landlord doesn’t have to mean middle-of-the-night phone calls, costly evictions, or daily frustrations with ungrateful tenants. Being a landlord can actually be fun IF you do it right.
That’s why Brandon and Heather Turner put together this comprehensive book that will change the way you think about being a landlord forever. Written with both new and experienced landlords in mind, The Book on Managing Rental Properties takes you on an insider tour of the Turners’ management business, so you can discover exactly how they’ve been able to maximize their profit, minimize their stress, and have a blast doing it!
2. The ABCs of Property Management: What You Need to Know to Maximize Your Money Now
By Ken McElroy
So you’ve made your real estate investment…and now the question is: How are you going to make it profitable? How will you maximize its potential and make it grow in value? One word: Management. Hundreds of thousands know bestselling author Ken McElroy as a real estate investment tycoon. In this book, Ken reveals the key to his success: Exceptional property management. He teaches you the most important principles and keys to achieving success where others fail.
3. The Property Management Tool Kit
By Mike Beirne
Making money through real estate investments isn’t as simple as buying up property and hoping for the best – you have to know what you’re doing.
The fact is, how you manage a property directly affects how profitable it will be. The Property Management Tool Kit goes beyond the basics, giving you all the guidance you need to successfully manage your properties, avoid pitfalls, and make a profit.
You’ll find out how to:
- Add value to your property, including which improvements to make or avoid
- Address legal concerns, tenant issues, and administration and maintenance
- Handle monetary factors such as cash flow, record-keeping, and rent collection
- Expand your portfolio and establish financial goals
- Hire a team, partner with vendors, and use advertising
4. Build a Rental Property Empire: The no-nonsense book on finding deals, financing the right way, and managing wisely.
By Mark Ferguson
This book gives you the exact details on how to finance, find, analyze, manage, and even sell rental properties. Where other books lack the details on how to actually make money in real estate, this book is all about the details.
It contains real world case studies and information on investing from an investor actively investing in today’s market. Here are just a few of the topics covered:
- Why rental properties will help you retire faster than other investments
- The risks of investing in rentals · How to determine what a good rental property is
- How to determine what type of rental to buy
- How to get a great deal on properties
- How to finance rentals, even if you have more than 4 or more than 10
- How to invest in rentals with less cash
- How to repair and maintain properties
- How to manage rentals or find a property manager
- What are the best exit strategies
- How to buy rental properties when your market is too expensive